German Black Forest Cuckoo Clock Blacksmith Swinging Hammer
- 17 H Blacksmith working in Bavarian cottage
- Blacksmith swings his hammer and waterwheel turns at the top of every hour
- Hand-laid shingled roof with hand-made decorative figurines
- Plays two melodies, Edelweiss and the Happy Wanderer Dancers revolve on turntable every hour while the music plays
- Wind once every eight days by pulling the three brass chains
- This eight day Black Forest musical cuckoo clock features a blacksmith hammering in front of a cottage. The top of the chimney has a seagull nest holding two chicks and their mother At the top of every hour the man swings his hammer up and down, the waterwheel turns, the dancers revolve, and the clock plays one of two different twenty-eight note melodies, Edelweiss and the Happy Wanderer.
- Three cast iron pine cone weights are suspended beneath the clock case by three separate brass chains. The hand-made pendulum continuously swings back and forth which controls the timing of the clock.
- On every hour the cuckoo bird emerges from a swinging door above the clock dial and counts the hour by cuckooing once per hour. (Example: At one o'clock the bird will cuckoo once. At eight o'clock the bird will cuckoo eight times) The half hour is announced with one cuckoo call.
- There is a sound shut-off device beneath the base of the cuckoo clock. Pushing the lever up disables the cuckoo birds cuckoo, the blacksmith, waterwheel, and the music.
- Pulling the lever down enables the blacksmith, the waterwheel to move and allows the music and cuckoo. The eight day Regula movement is wound once per eight days by raising the three pine cone weights. One weight powers the time, one weight powers the Swiss music box, and the other weight powers the cuckoo bird and cuckoo call, the band, and waterwheel.
We Also Recommend
Professional Santa Suit Costume Majestic Santa
Sale price $56995 $569.95
Deluxe Professional Santa Extra Full Wig & Beard Set
Sale price $7995 $79.95